The Muda Hunting License concept was developed to further support our networks lean journey by recognizing the “muda or waste ” identification and elimination efforts of our members.
In order to be effective I believe this “system” must:
- Be simple to manage, participate in and administer
- Reward significant, robust and measurable improvements
- Provide a motivating opportunity to celebrate; true successes, with our network members
Lean transition take decades so let’s use this as an opportunity to celebrate the many, many steps our journey will require.
To qualify for a “Hunting License” a company member (we will recognize companies only) must:
- Document the “current state” and reason for selecting this situation to “Kaizen” including current performance measures
- Document the root cause of the problem
- Implement countermeasures
- Plan-Do-Check-Act – measure, adjust through kaizen activities, measuring performance
- Standardize the improved process
- Document the improved performance
- Develop and present the plan to continuously improve the process
Some options for the license approval process are:
The applicant company will present its case to:
- Attendees at a network meeting who will decide
- A committee of network members, chaired by me, who will decide
- Me and I decide
Only member companies (or when appropriate facilities) need apply
This is our program, by us and for us, please voice your opinions. I am certain this process can be more powerful, enriching and fun and that your ideas can fuel that improvement.